The Customer service department takes care of the management and the granting of the extended opening hours.
Price of a night with extended opening hours (until 3.00AM) : €35.
Extracts from the law of June 29, 1989, reforming the regime of cabarets (article 17):
- The normal opening hours of alcoholic beverage outlets are fixed from six o’clock in the morning to one o’clock in the morning of the following day.
- Individual derogation extending the opening hours to three o’clock in the morning may be granted, upon request, by the mayor, when there is no reason to fear either disturbance of public order and tranquility or intolerable inconvenience to the neighborhood.
- These authorizations are essentially temporary and may be withdrawn, without giving rise to compensation, when the conditions for granting them are no longer met or if the opening hours are not respected.
- Where the establishment is kept open beyond normal business hours, the permit must be posted in a place clearly visible from the outside.
- The municipal council may, in addition, on the occasion of certain festivals and festivities, extend the hours of operation generally until three o’clock in the morning.
Listing of official extended opening hours for the year 2023.
Vote: Public meeting of the City Council on December 14, 2022.
The curfew for alcoholic beverages, unless restricted*, will be moved back to 3 a.m. on the following holidays:
- Carnival Friday on Friday, 17 February 2023.
- Carnival Saturday on Saturday, 18 February 2023.
- Eve of Laetare (Halleffaaschten) on Saturday, 18 March 2023.
- Eve of Labor Day on Sunday, 30 April 2023.
- Eve of Europe Day on Monday, 8 May 2023.
- Eve of the National Holiday, on Thursday, 22 June 2023.
- Eve of All Saints’ Day (Halloween), on Tuesday, 31 October 2023.
- Christmas Eve, on Sunday, 24 December 2023.
- Christmas, on Monday, 25 December 2023.
- New Year’s Eve, on Sunday, 31 December 2023.
For the locality of Differdange and Fousbann (Kirmes Differdange), the curfew for alcoholic beverages will be moved back to 3 a.m. on Friday 21 April 2023 and Saturday 22 April 2023, except for restrictions*.
For the locality of Lasauvage and Fond-de-Gras (Kirmes Lasauvage & Blues Express), the curfew for alcoholic beverages will be moved back to 3 a.m. on Friday 26 May 2023 and Saturday 27 May 2023 and Saturday 8 July 2023, except for restrictions*.
For the locality of Niederkorn (Kirmes in Niederkorn), the curfew for alcoholic beverages will be moved back to 3 a.m. on Friday 14 July 2023 and Saturday 15 July 2023, with a few exceptions*.
For the locality of Oberkorn (Oberkorner Kirmes), the curfew for alcoholic beverages will be moved back to 3 a.m. on Friday 6 October 2023 and Saturday 7 October 2023, with a few exceptions*.
* Establishments that have been denied “extended opening hours” due to too many complaints from the neighborhood for disturbing the peace or public order at night will still be required to adhere to normal hours for alcoholic beverages.