Administrative procedures

Parental permission

Young minors travelling abroad without their parents (or with only one parent) must carry preferably, in addition to a valid identity document, also a parental authorization.

This authorization is issued by the citizens office (Biergeramt) of the child’s municipality of residence.

The person who has parental authority must report to the citizens office of his or her municipality of residence. The following information must be provided:

  • date of departure and date of return of the child
  • destination of the child (country and locality)
  • name of the accompanying person (who must be of legal age).


The authorization is issued by the citizens office upon presentation of a valid identity document.

The child must carry this permit with him/her and present it on request, together with his/her identity document.


Further information

Citizens office
T.: 58 77 1 -01

During office hours (8.00 am  – 11.30 am and 1.30 pm  – 4.30 pm)

Online procedures are to be preferred.


Audio playback of the page content is active.

Stop playback