Any change in the billing name for a main water meter must be reported to the Customer Service Department as soon as possible (e.g., in the event of the sale of a single-family home, or when tenants of a single-family home move in or out).
- Meter operating address, otherwise meter number;
- Water meter reading (e.g. photo);
- Date of meter reading (date of handing over of keys or date of deed of sale at the notary);
- National identification number (matricule), if the meter is taken over by a new subscriber.
To be communicated
- either online;
- or by phone at 58 77 1-1730;
- or by e-mail;
- or by post:
- Administration communale de Differdange
c/o Customer Service
- or in person to the Customer Service Department.
The meters of the different apartments of a residence are not managed by the municipal administration, but by its syndicate. Therefore, the change of the billing name of a meter must be reported to the syndicate. The municipal administration only bills the main water meter of a residence to its syndicate.
- The main water meter for single-family homes is round and has a blue cover.
- Each water meter has a number that identifies it.
- The unit of measure on the meter is m3.
- To read the meter, note the five black digits (m3) followed by three red digits (liters). The black and red digits are separated by a comma. Example reading: 01234,567 m3
- Our water department (T. 58 77 1-1814; e-mail) will be happy to help you if you have any problems reading the meter.
Water reading card
Request for Transfer of a Main Water Meter