The city of Differdange is a member of the Climate Alliance Luxembourg. The Climate Alliance is more than a technical measure to reduce greenhouse gases. It is a process that links all areas of local politics and sets a common goal.
What are the most important tasks in climate protection at the municipal level?
- Local working groups on transport, energy and development policy open to the community’s citizens
- Model function of municipal institutions
- Regular report on implementation in the areas of CO2 reduction, project partnership with the public domain, national and international coordination
- Local public relations and educational work
- Participation in national and international climate alliance meetings for exchange of information and experience
- Participation in joint actions of Climate Alliance partners
- Membership in the international association