On December 19, 2013 our city signed up to the Climate pact (Klimapakt).
The aim of the Climate Pact is to encourage local authorities to set and achieve targets in order to reduce the consumption of non-renewable energy, to reduce the production of greenhouse gases (CO2) and thus to contribute to national efforts to combat climate change.
The Climate Pact was set up by the Ministry of Sustainable Development and Infrastructure. It offers municipalities the opportunity to structure their climate and energy policy, to reduce their energy costs by improving energy efficiency and to stimulate local and regional economic activities, while benefiting from technical and financial support from the government.
By signing the contract with the state, the city of Differdange commits itself to implement a quality management system based on the “European Energy Award”.
Six main fields of application with a total of 79 measures will be analyzed and implemented:
- spatial planning, buildings — energy-and-climate-friendly municipal planning
- municipal buildings, facilities — energy and water management; energy targets
- water supply, sewerage — strategies and issues in the field of water supply and sewerage
- mobility — individual motorized transport and parking; soft mobility; public transport
- internal organization — internal structures; internal processes; finances
- communication, cooperation — economic activities and companies; support for private initiatives
More info on pacteclimat.lu
Download the policy of the city of Differdange (only available in German)