The customer service department manages municipal taxes and issues quarterly invoices for the supply of drinking water, piping and waste collection. The department is also in charge of the transfer of water meters in single-family homes (e. g. in the event of a sale).
Please note that the water meters of the different apartments within a residence are not managed by the municipality but by the condominium syndicate. The municipality only bills its syndicate for the main water meter of a residence.
Water taxes are composed of a variable part per m3 (actual consumption) and a fixed annual share based on meter size.
- variable component per m3 of water consumed = 2,163 € (VAT included)
- fixed annual share based on meter size:
Wastewater treatment (sewerage tax)
Sewerage taxes are composed of a variable part per m3 (actual consumption) and a fixed share based on the number of the population equivalent (p.e.).
- variable component per m3 of water used: 2,25 €
- fixed annual share per population equivalent (p.e.):
|Average number of p.e. (EH)
Water and sewerage are billed per 3-month period:
- variable part water and canal: 3 advances and 1 annual statement (included in the invoice for October-December)
- fixed part water and canal: ¼ of the annual price per meter
The customer service department is responsible for ordering the bins and issuing invoices for waste collection.
Each household and business is connected to the collection of waste and is subject to a connection tax of 186 € per year or 46,50 € per quarter.
Your invoice for waste collection, which is issued in three-month periods, is composed of:
- the connection fee (fixed tax) of 46,50 € (shown as “other tax” on the front of the invoice)
- the variable tax per emptying of the grey garbage bin (residual waste)
The price per emptying depends on the volume of the bin:
- 80 litres ➔ 3,00 €/emptying
- 120 litres ➔ 4,50 €/emptying
- 240 litres ➔ 9,00 €/emptying
- 1100 litres ➔ 41,25 €/emptying (only for shops or residences)
Please note that the fixed tax is due, even if your household or business does not have a garbage bin.
It is possible to have the grey bin emptied every week according to the garbage collection schedule (Ëmweltkalenner). There is also a locking system available for the grey garbage bin for 25 € (price of the padlock plus assembly).
In addition to the grey garbage bin, the following bins are also available:
- blue bin (120L or 240L): purchase price 20 €, emptied every 4 weeks (no fee)
- brown bin (40L or 120L): purchase price 22 €, emptied every 4 weeks (no fee)
- green bin (120L or 240): free, emptied every week from March to October and every two weeks from October to March (no fee)
Consider sorting your waste. If you only use your grey bin for non-recyclable waste, your waste bill will be lower. And you’re doing something good for the environment.
Brochure: An easy calculation
What belongs in the green bin?